Using KT tape to tape full knee support and give you pain relief
Knee pain is a… well, pain. But far beyond a pain in the backside, knee pain can stop you from leaving your chair entirely. From poor running form to hindered performance, it’s so important to maintain your body’s health to retain normal body mechanics and solve pain relief and poor running form entirely.
Relieving pressure around your knee joint can free up more than mobility, your mental health will increase too. Seem like a stretch? Hear me out – it’s important to remember that hindered performance does have an impact on mental well-being. So, if you’re ready to get back to it, fix your poor posture, and increase running performance, then you’ll be ready to feel like a winner again.
Oh, and there are almost equally as many causes of knee pain as there are fixes so don’t worry if yours isn’t on this list it probably exists elsewhere.
Let’s run through it.
- Clean and dry the area where you will be applying the tape. It is important to remove any sweat, lotion, or dirt from the skin to ensure that the tape sticks properly.
- Cut the tape to the desired length. KT tape comes in rolls, and you can cut it to fit the area you want to cover. For the knee, you will likely need a strip that is about 4-6 inches long.
- Peel off the backing paper from the tape. This will expose the adhesive side of the tape.
- Place the tape on the skin with about a quarter of the tape on the top of the knee and the rest on the bottom. The tape should be applied along the natural lines of the muscle, following the contours of the joint.
- Stretch the tape slightly as you apply it to the skin. This will help to activate the adhesive and create a tighter fit.
- Repeat the process on the opposite side of the knee, if necessary. Some people find it helpful to apply a second strip of tape on the other side of the joint to provide additional support.
- Rub the tape gently to help it adhere to the skin. This will also help to activate the adhesive and create a stronger bond.
- Allow the tape to sit on the skin for at least 30 minutes before participating in physical activity. This will give the adhesive time to fully bond to the skin and provide the maximum benefit.
It is important to note that KT tape is not a substitute for proper medical treatment or a permanent solution for a knee injury. If you are experiencing severe pain or discomfort, you should consult with a healthcare professional for proper diagnosis and treatment. However, KT tape can be a useful tool for providing temporary relief and support while you recover from an injury or strain.
In conclusion, KT tape is a simple and effective way to provide support and relief to sore or strained knee muscles. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily apply the tape and enjoy the benefits of this popular treatment method.
When’s a good time to see the GP if knee issues arise?
If the methods you have tried yourself don’t work!
What’s blunt trauma?
Impact from a physical object, research more to see the causes and dangers.
What are the main benefits of using KT tape?
KT Tape serves all of these purposes without the downsides of bracing or wrapping. Common injuries such as runner’s knee or patella tendonitis, jumper’s knee, patella tracking, arthritis, meniscus tears, plica, patellofemoral pain, and general instability can all be best addressed by using the KT Tape full knee support application.